About Business Insurers of the Carolinas
Established in 1981, Village Insurance Agency Inc dba Business Insurers of the Carolinas has grown into a full service multi-line insurance agency specializing in Insurance for Pet Service Providers. We began working with our first Pet Services association in 1992, and through the years have developed relationships with many of the leading pet service associations, schools, and franchises. Today, Business Insurers serves the insurance needs of over 8,000 pet service providers throughout the US.
Phil Pearsall formed Village Insurance Agency, Inc in the spring of 1981 after many years as both an insurance company underwriter and insurance agent for another insurance concern. He initially purchased a small agency in Chapel Hill, NC and began specializing in insurance for small businesses. He was later joined by his two sons, Keith Pearsall, in 1989, and David Pearsall, in 1995. In January of 2005, after almost 40 years in the business, Phil retired, and the agency was purchased by Keith and David Pearsall. The agency continues to be run by Keith and David Pearsall today.
David Pearsall still oversees all the pet association programs for the agency. He strives to improve upon the insurance product offerings for providers as the pet service world evolves.
- To offer customer service second to none
- To treat all client's needs as if they were our own
- To be honest, fair and sincere in all our communications/dealings
- David Pearsall, CIC, CWCA - Principal
- Laura Bridges, CISR - Pet Services Manager
- Sharmen Scott - Customer Service Manager
- Sherrie Newcomb - Customer Service / Account Manager
- Valerie Brett - Customer Service / Account Manager
- Elyssa-Beth Bender - Marketing Director
- Baylee Patten - Accounting
- Lorin Holder - Customer Service/ Account Manager